Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Gracie Girl Happenings...


As you can guess,
Kassidy and I have been busy sewing up some new patterns with

Above is a sneak peek of her "Shuffle" quilt that she finished last week.

Shuffle will be one of the four quilts in our next Gracie Girl pattern.
All four quilts are super easy, fast and cute! 



I wanted to have a beginning piecing 
"go to pattern" 
for those
 of you who are teaching young girls to
 piece a quilt for the first time...
or for those who might want to
 make a quilt in one day!

All four patterns use Gracie Girl
pre-cut strips.

GG - 2 1/2" Rolie Polie
GG - 3 1/2" Rolie Polie

The pattern will be called 
"Four Square"
I hope to have it available to you by next Monday.
The quilts included in the patterns are called:

1. Shuffle
2. Flip-Flop
3. Pixie Stix
4. Twirl


Fat Quarter Shop's Jolly Jabber interviewed me
 about Gracie Girl and they have posted it today.
to visit them and to find out more about
 Gracie Girl!


And speaking of Gracie Girl...
This morning I just sent off GG fat quarters to
 the 3 winners from last weeks giveaway...

Margaret Rosenbrook...
Sibyl Scott
and
Carol Lewis.
Thanks so much ladies...enjoy playing:)

Up here tomorrow is the

Yee-Haw!!!

Have a quilty kind of day...
xx
Lori

12 comments:

Nedra said...

Great article about you over there on FQ. Love that Gracie Girl!

trish said...

Those are such cute names for your upcoming quilt patterns. "Pixie Stix" and "Flip-Flop" immediately reminds me of some dear childhood memories. :o)

Becky said...

Your fabric combinations are sooo cute, and you go a great job sharing your ideas on your blog. I enjoy seeing the projects and learning how to use scraps on so many projects. Thanks.

Lynn said...

You know, visiting your blog is always a bright point of my day. The minute or two I spend reading your post and admiring your beautiful pictures are always a pleasure. Love this new line.

Carol said...

I'm so excited that I'm one of the winners, Yay! Thank you so much. Gracie Girl is so cute.

Nora said...

Oh Lori!

Back from holiday to your post....full of joy and delicious colours...will be reading back for 2 weeks to catch up! Have missed the 'light and bright' that your blog brings me.

Thanks xx

Anonymous said...

Hi I have just found your blog and it is great. Have you got a tutorial on how to make your design board? I have a design wall in my work room but I think the board would be good when I go to the club I run. Thank you Davina xx

Sibyl said...

I had gotten notice you had mailed my order yesterday. Thought oh ok---didn't get the fabric :(. Come to read your post for today. Lo and behold my name is there THANK YOU so very much. I LOVE the line. I know my daughter will be thrilled to know we have some new fabric coming. Can't wait for it to get here now. Be watching the mail daily.

Sibyl

Sigrid said...

Can't wait for all 4 quilt patterns. Already love the 'shuffle' pattern. I received part of my Gracie Girl Fabric and just LOVE it! Will wait a bit before I start to cut and sew. It just warms my heart to look at it right now.

Helen L said...

Love your little Gracie Girl (she's so beautiful!!) and I love the fabric too: I just got 2 FQ bundles in the mail from Intrepid Thread. Fantastic colors, fun images!! Can't wait to sew with them!! :-) Have a great day! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Steven and Ginger said...

Love the shuffle quilt. I'm going to have to make it for my daughter! Great colors!!

Patti said...

I love you for doing this for young girls who are branching out in their sewing. We got our daughter her 1st Bernina and getting this pattern and some of your Gracie girl is going to make a great birthday gift for her! Thank ou for remembering our young girls who we don't want to overwhelm but encourage and inspire them!
Love you for this!
Patti

Related Posts with Thumbnails