Friday, May 22, 2015

Farm Girl Friday's - Week Four!


Good Morning cute people!
I hope you're up with the chickens 
because it's week 4 of


Turn to page 17 in my book…
and lets get started!


First we will be making the 
Canning Season block.


I designed this block 2 years ago
for my Quilty Barn Along
here on my blog.
If you didn't already know…
that's where the basis of my 
Farm Girl Vintage began:)
I thought you might like to see the tutorial
that I originally did for this block.
to go back in time 2 years!


The next block up is my
Chicken Foot block.
I also designed this one two years ago
as part of my Quilty Barn Along


to go back again and see all of my
 tips and tricks in 
constructing this block too.
*Take note that 
I did not always press my seams
open in the tutorials back then…
but I strongly suggest that you do.

I think it's easier 
to line up the seams
and your blocks lie flatter.


These blocks ended up in my 
Silo Barn Quilt
Directions begin on page 92:)


If you tuned it last week 
you already
know that I made a
 Canning Season block...


and paired it up with
 last weeks
Baking Day block...


To make pockets for my 
Farm Girl Apron!





Apron pockets tutorial 
from last week is 



Here's my 6" Canning Season block
for my Modern Mini's
Farm Girl Sampler 
from the book...


And my 6" Chicken Foot block
from Modern Mini's as well:)


I also made another 12" block 
using Feed Company by Sweetwater.
I'll be adding it to my
 Square Dance quilt
on page 118.


Don't forget to visit our guest bloggers 
for this weeks Farm Girl blocks!

Click Here to see the schedule:)



I hope you are 
having fun sewing with me…
If you would like to 
sew with me in person
to find out how!

Tune in next week for more 
Farm Girl Vintage Fun!

xx
Lori


Don't forget to 
use the hashtags
#Farm GirlVintage 
and
 #FarmGirlFridays

and for this weeks blocks;
#CanningSeasonBlock
#ChickenFootBlock


P.S. Bok Bok!!!









7 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

One of my absolute favorite - Barn Blocks with the variety of 'little blocks' inside. I think it is time to made another barn quilt. Having so much fun with this quilt along and your new book. Thank You Lori!
Cleaning,scrubbing,baking,cooking and laundry can wait for tomorrow - I need a quilty kind of Day/Week :)!!

Carried Away Quilting said...

"Farm girl thankful" for being part of this sew-a-long. Happiness!!

Steve and Jackie Duerden said...

Hi Lori, I just bought your book and made my first two blocks. I'm loving it! Your instructions are so great! You are the best designer ever!

Unknown said...

Love your book!! Love your style!

tealeafquilts said...

Still on week l but I love it!

Liz said...

I'm catching up on the farm girl blocks this weekend - making the 6 inch size. I have to say that I am more impressed than ever by your accurate sewing and beautiful blocks! The pieces in these blocks are little and it's not all that easy to have them come together perfectly.

Nan said...

I was needing a bit of inspiration for a gift and I just knew you would have it!! I'm going to make the apron pockets - so cute and I know my friend will love it. Thanks Lori, you always have something good going on!

Related Posts with Thumbnails