Friday, June 26, 2015

Farm Girl Friday - Week Nine!


Good morning cute people!

Welcome to week nine of 
Farm Girl Fridays:)

We have sewn 15
 Farm Girl blocks so far
and number 16 block is 

"Feed and Seed"



and turn to page 30
for the pattern and instructions for 
both the 6" and 12" Feed and Seed block. 


I made so many quilts for my book
 and I just had to include a scrappy quilt
 with red gingham sashing.
After all...that just says Farm Girl!


I knew that my 
Feed and Seed block would 
be the perfect choice
and look great against my
 favorite red solid for the background.


The red gingham sashing is from
 one of my older fabric collections
called Polka Dot Stitches:)


I used a good mix of 
scrappy happy prints and colors...


And made 9 blocks
 for this quilt!


If you are wondering which setting I used…
turn to the Table of Contents on page 3 in my book.
In the section titled
"Mix and Match Setting Quilts"…
you will see listed the different settings
 that you can use to make your own unique quilts
 by putting in whichever of my 
45 farm girl blocks your heart desires:)

"You are the BOSS 
of your own QUILT!"

I used the Square Dance Setting 
on page 118 for this one:)



This quilt looks great in my kitchen!
Very Farm Girl Vintage:)



Next up is my block called
"Fresh Pears"

I LOVE pears!
We have a pear tree in our cottage garden
and I always look forward to
the end of summer when they are in season.


Our tree gives us plenty of 
pears to eat fresh
 and to bottle as well:)


I made a big stack of 12" blocks
because I am making a few pear projects:)


I made 16 total because I need 12 to make the 
County Fair Quilt Setting on page 112...


And I'm using the remaining 4 to make
 a pillow for the bench in my kitchen:)


I haven't decided how I'm setting the
 blocks for the pillow yet
but I'm sure that when I finish it 
I will be posting lots of pics on my


Thank you so much for 
joining me for this weeks episode:)

I am once again away at one of my 
Farm Girl Vintage Workshop/Retreats
but I prepared my post early 
just for you today.


I hope you are visiting the
 guest bloggers that
are posting each weeks blocks…
they are all making
 super cute blocks and projects!

and go see the schedule to visit.


Have a super fun 
Farm Girl Vintage kind of day!
xx
Lori



6 comments:

Connie said...

Lori, you are amazing and your quilts are as charming and delightful as you. I love the red gingham and all the calico prints. I feel like I am seeing into your soul through your quilts, and it's a combination of friendly, and warm and cozy. Beautiful inside and out.
Happy Quilting!
Connie :)

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Dear Lori,
Your post today is very sweet. I love your ideas. You are really inspiring.
I am taking care of my 92 year old peeps, and also just because a gramma two weeks ago. I am very busy, haha
I sometimes wish I could be sent to sewing prison, but right now, maybe just a bit of sewing every day is alright. I live in Northern Virgina and driving on Route 7 (Harry Byrd Highway from days of olden) in Loudoun County 35 miles west of the Cesspool called DC.
Anyway, I have your book and lots of fabric, so when I am doing my usual million things at the same time, I am also starting new blocks. I will make the pear block because I love pears too

Nanasewingnurse said...

Have been gone the last 2 days and looking forward to sewing up a block or two later today to play catch up! Everything you post is so inspirational! ❤️Farm Girl Vintage

Yaharalady said...

Dear Lori.
I found your blog a few weeks ago and fell in love with your farm girl blocks. My book just arrived yesterday and I am so excited to start sewing some of them. I am currently working on making all the blocks from a book of 100 modern blocks and am on #16 but I think starting a vintage project is going to start today. Just can't resist.

Your book is so well designed. I love how you have referenced the page numbers of blocks and have done the math for 2 sized blocks. The illustrations are premo. I also love the old photos of various generations of your family. Thank you for a beuatiful and very useful tool in my quilting shelf. Trudy

Carried Away Quilting said...

So much fun!!! But I have to say, the little Feed & Seed nearly kicked my butt. Seam ripper to the rescue 4 times. But he turned out so darn cute!

Greg and Donna said...

I just found your site and your awesome quilt blocks! Now I am saving money to buy the book and make my own squares. All the designs are gorgeous and I love the bright happy colors! Donna

Related Posts with Thumbnails