Friday, November 9, 2018

Vintage Christmas Sew Along!!


It's time for another episode
 in our 
Vintage Christmas Sew Along!




We are using my brand new book


And focusing on five blocks each week...
in order that they are in the book.
Of course you can sew as many as you want:)


There are 42 blocks in the book 
that come with instructions for
 both 6" size and 12" size...
these are just a few!


We are using 
Cozy Christmas Fabric 
for the blocks.


The collection is full of 
Vintage Christmas Goodness!!
The prints are a small scale...
making them perfect for 
each and every one of the blocks
 and projects in the book.


First block for today is 
GLIMMER


Next up is 
GLISTEN


Number three is 
HOLLY and IVY


Number four is 
ICE SKATE


And last but not least is 
JINGLE BELL


I'm looking forward to having
 a Very Vintage Christmas...
 aren't  you?


This is the 12" size GLIMMER block.
I'm going to make a quilt
 in the 12" size...
for a scrappy happy look:)


I used it in both the 6" and 12" size 
for this 2 color quilt in the book.
It's amazing how color placement 
changes the look of a quilt block...
I think that's what keeps 
making quilts so 
interesting and challenging!


I love how the
 nutmeg and white colors 
look so vintage together:)


I used the 
Holly and Ivy Block in 12" size 
to make this 
DECK THE HALLS QUILT
in the book.
 I love all of the Vintage Christmas colors...
and I also love me a
 red and green quilt too!


Getting the mail at Christmastime 
was always a favorite thing for me
 when I was a girl...
there were always Christmas Cards
 from friends and family everywhere
 and even a suprise package or two!


I hope you have fun making
 this weeks blocks:)
to see the entire sew along schedule
 and to visit this weeks guest bloggers.

See you next week!
xx
Lori


1 comment:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I absolutely love your new book and loved creating the Jingle Bell block this week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails