Monday, August 29, 2022

Prairie Sew Along - Week One!!



"BLOCK ONE"
Welcome to week one of the 
"PRAIRIE MEADOW"
Sew Along!
Join me here each week 
when I will be doing tutorials
 on the blocks for the quilt.

Of course because we are all sewing 
from all around the world  
we all have different time zones...
But I will be posting each Monday 
right here on my blog 
and you can follow my tutorials 
any time each week that 
 is convenient for you.



We are making the 
Prairie Meadow Quilt
68" x 85"
 
I've been sew excited to begin...
This is going to be fun!!



The quilt is made with my newest fabric
 collection called Prairie...

I hope that you all have all 
received your 
fabric kits by now...
 and that we are all ready to begin!!


If you still need one ...
just do a quick google search for 
"Prairie Meadow Quilt Kit"
to find shops who still have some left.




We are also using the
Prairie Meadow
Sew Simple Shapes

I have already posted the
 post which details all of the supplies
 for the sew along and how it works.
I have also given the link there 
for the free PDF Download 
of the Sew Along Guide

to download the sew along guide.



As per the sew along guide 
cutting instructions
 you should have everything for your
  Block One 
 all cut and ready to go!

As per usual for week one in my 
Sew Simple Shape Sew Alongs
 the FIRST week tutorial is a video.

Because I have my very own brand new 
 I have posted the 
 Block One
Tutorial there.
to visit my channel and watch the 
tutorial and I hope that you love it!
Pretty please leave me a comment
over there and let me know:)

If you like what you see 
and my other videos there...
click on subscribe and click on the bell
 to be notified whenever
 I post another tutorial:)



Here is my Block One Kit
 Everything is all cut...
all traced and ready to go!

Here is a list of the
  Prairie Meadow 
Sew Simple Shapes 
needed for  
 Block One:
1 - N-8
4 - N-22
4 - N-41
4 - N-44
1 - N-53
4 - N-55
8 - N-56

You will also need to cut
and prepare 1/4"
straight bias strips for the stems: 
4 - 5" long and 4 - 1 1/2" long
as it says in the guide:)


Here are the squares and rectangles
 for my Block One background:)


I loved sewing the shapes for this block:)




Here's my BLOCK ONE 
all ready for applique:)
Just like I said in the video...
Afterwards I will 
press from the back and then 
I will use my 16 1/2" Trim-It Ruler
to trim down the block.


Thanks so much for sewing with me today
 and for joining me 
 for the very first week of 
Prairie Meadow
 
Congratulations on 
making your first block:)
YaY You!

I'll meet you right back here
next week for the 
Block Two tutorial...
xx
Lori



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving this sew a long. Thank You for sharing.

Sharon Hensarling said...

I'm so excited to get started with this sew along! I love the fabrics and the block designs for this quilt. Needle turn applique has always been my favorite, but I'm trying your technique for this quilt. I think I'm going to enjoy it immensely.
Thank you for the wonderful designs!

Sharon Hensarling

Anonymous said...

I have my kit and ready to start !! Thx Lori for creating such a pretty design!! 🌺

Related Posts with Thumbnails