Saturday, August 20, 2022

Sew Simple Shapes ReMix Mini Series - Blocks 13 and 14!!

 


Hello Quilty friends...

thanks so much for joining me here 

on my blog for this months tutorials.

We are making blocks 13 and 14!



And we are using the
MyHappy Place 
Sew Simple Shapes


You will find the tutorial for making the pinwheel backgrounds
during week one tutorial for this series
if you need a refresher
I used the yellow stars from Bee Plaids,
 green stitched circle,
teal daisy and coral diamonds.
All 3 of those are from my 
Bee Backgrounds collection.


For Block 13 I used:
1 - L13 large heart
1 - L14 - small heart
1 - L34 leaves
2" long prepared stem

After you sew the shapes you will 
need to cut the cleavage ares 
in each shape before trimming and turning.


Lay your pieces out...
pin and glue baste as per usual:)
Your heart flower should be 5 1/2" tall.


For Block 14 I used:
1 - L4 lg circle flower center
5 - L6 sm flower center and corners
1 - L33 - flower

After sewing the flower you will
 need to clip the cleavage
 between the petals before turning
 so that it will lie flat.


Layout your block so that the circles in corners finish 1/4" away from seam.
Of course you will need to
 use your 6 1/2" Trim It Ruler 
to keep them within the window
as I've shown you in my videos.



And then use the 6 1/2" Trim It Rulers to trim your blocks up after applique
and then sew them into your stars!!


For my star in Block 13 I used a teal print 
from my Stitch collection for the points
 and for the background I used Tea Rose from Bee Cross stitch.
Red Heart print is mine from the  "RED HOT" fabric collection
which is a line done with many of the Riley Blake designers!
The small heart is from Cook Book and the leaves are from Prairie:)


For my star in Block 14 I used a coral print
also from my Stitch collection and the background
 for that is denim stars from Bee Backgrounds.
The flower is from Vintage Happy 2 and the centers are from 
Bee Basics (teal) and Bee Plaids (yellow)
The corner circles are from Prim.


Can you believe we are this far into the quilt?
Here are all 14 blocks we have done so far...
not in order that we did them though....
I just put them up there to see how they all 
look together so far and I am LOVING it!!!

We have 6 more blocks to go for a total of 20.


Remember that as I 
told you in the beginning...
this is the quilt setting that
 we will be using to finish
our ReMix Mini Series Quilt.

It's my original 
Sew Simple Shapes Series Quilt 
that I did here on my blog as a 
sew along several years ago.

The blocks finish at 12" and 
so do our star blocks and so 
we are using the same setting!

If you would like to plan ahead...


to go to the post for all of 
the measurements for finishing the quilt.

If you are new to this series
all of the other block tutorials
 and information is on my 
YouTube Channel
to go check it out!


I hope you love making 
this months blocks as much as I did...
and I'll chat with you later!!
xx
Lori


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails