Friday, March 4, 2011

Recipe Re-Run - Hawiian Haystacks...

I thought I would post one of my favorite recipes again...just in case you want to switch it up with something different to make this weekend!...so I hope you read this before you go to the grocery store!

Hawaiian Haystacks ... a favorite in our family.
It's kind of a build your own thing so everyone can add only what they like.
This meal also works out great for a large crowd.

You layer everything on top of fresh steamed rice and then pour the sauce over all...topping with chow mein noodles.

Here is how you make the sauce;
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
1 (8 oz) pkg. chives and onion cream cheese
2 cups cooked chopped chicken (optional..my family likes it just as well without it)
Combine all ingredients and simmer for 8-10 minutes

Toppings;
grated cheese
diced tomatoes
chopped celery
chopped green pepper
slivered almonds
sliced olives
sliced green onions
pinapple tidbits
mandarin oranges
shredded coconut...

Okay...there you have it girls.
It's easy and delicious and I hope your family likes it too!

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll catch up with you on Monday:)
xx
Lori

post signature

10 comments:

Mary said...

Our family calls it Snow on the Mountain. We also put raisins, olives and sesame seeds on ours. YUMMY! And don't forget the cherry on top.

Delirious said...

I have made these, but never with the cream cheese. YUM! That sounds even better!

Hearts Turned said...

Love haystacks! Haven't made them for a while...thanks for the yummy reminder!

Julie

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Thank you - I can't wait to try something new for us! It sounds fabulous.

StitchinByTheLake said...

This sounds like something my husband would like. Thanks! blessings, marlene

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh this looks awesome!! Really it looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

VickiT said...

Ooh thank you. This looks really yummy

busyascanbe said...

I love these too! I am pretty sure I got my recipe from you a million.....opps a few years ago. My family always loves this recipe. Thanks!

Kathy said...

Your family recipe looks so delicious. Thank you for reminding me that I wanted to make it.

Delirious said...

I made your recipe for dinner last night. The cream cheese made it sooooo good! Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails