Monday, September 12, 2022

Prairie Meadow Sew Along - Block Three!!




"BLOCK THREE"
Welcome to week three of the 
"PRAIRIE MEADOW"
Sew Along!
Join me here each week 
when I will be doing tutorials
 on the blocks for the quilt.

Of course because we are all sewing 
from all around the world  
we all have different time zones...
But I will be posting each Monday 
right here on my blog 
and you can follow my tutorials 
any time each week that 
 is convenient for you.


We are making the 
Prairie Meadow Quilt
68" x 85"



The quilt is made with my newest fabric
 collection called Prairie...

I hope that you all have all 
received your 
fabric kits by now...
 and that we are all ready to begin!!


If you still need one ...
just do a quick google search for 
"Prairie Meadow Quilt Kit"
to find shops who still have some left.




We are also using the
Prairie Meadow
Sew Simple Shapes

I have already posted the
 post which details all of the supplies
 for the sew along and how it works.
I have also given the link there 
for the free PDF Download 
of the Sew Along Guide

to download the sew along guide.


It's important to watch my 
Week One/Block One video tutorial
 because everything I show you in 
block one pertains to all 
the rest of the blocks.
Things such as tips on sewing...
 shaping and turning all of your
 appliqués as well as the entire 
process of laying out the block.
I also explain about sewing 
the scrappy background.

If you have not watched it please 

to read my blog tutorial for
BLOCK TWO
 

As per the sew along guide 
cutting instructions
 you should have everything for your
  Block Three 
 all cut and ready to go!



Here is my Block Three Kit
 Everything is all cut...
all traced and ready:)

Here is a list of the
  Prairie Meadow 
Sew Simple Shapes 
needed for  
 Block Three:
1 - N-13
8 - N-25
8 - N-42
1 - N-50
12 - N-55

You will need to cut
8 - 3" long
of prepared 1/4" straight 
bias strips for the stems 
 



Here are the squares and rectangles
 for my Block Three background
all sewn together:)



With the help of Miss Betty...
here are all of my Block Three shapes
 sewn...trimmed and clipped.

Before turning...
you will need to clip all of the
shapes except for the circles:)
 


All turned...shaped and pressed
 and stems are cut:)




I pre-glued the flower 
and center circle together
 before laying them out
 onto the background for pinning.

Place your background onto
 a design board and let's get started!!


First I pinned the flower
  centered onto the background.

I pinned it down but made sure not to 
glue the outer edges down yet because 
I wanted to be able to 
tuck the stems underneath first.



Next I did the stems and the tulips.
The stems measure 2 1/4" long from the
  center flower cleavage to the 
bottom of the tulips...
the center tip of tulip is 1 1/2"
from the edge of the background.
I placed the leaves 1/2" down 
from the tulip bottom 
across the center of the stem.

The circles on each side of the tulips 
are 1 1/2" from edge of background fabric
and touching the seam on outsides.




I measured 1 1/2" from both side edges
 of the corners
 of the background 
(not diagonally) and placed
 the denim circles.



This block was fun to pin baste...
I just kept turning and pinning.
It was like going on a merry go round!
After pinning everything I glue basted:)




I'm loving this sweet block...



I really love the large denim flower
with little yellow tulips
coming out!!



Here's my BLOCK THREE 
all ready for applique:)

Afterwards I will 
press from the back and then 
I will use my 16 1/2" Trim-It Ruler
to trim down the block.





Okay!! 
Block Three tutorial is complete...
and this is what the first three
blocks look like all together 
on my design wall.
I'm sew excited about this quilt!!
I can't wait to make another block:)



Thanks for joining me 
once again this week for the 
Prairie Meadow Sew Along

I'll meet you right back here
next week for the 
Block Four tutorial...
xx
Lori

Other Places to find me:

1 comment:

Salad bowl said...

nice to read it. thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails