Monday, February 22, 2021

Flea Market Flowers Sew Along - Week Five!!





Flea Market Flowers 
BLOCK "F"


Welcome to Week Five of the 



We are using my latest 
fabric collection called
Flea Market
It's designed by me ... 
and produced and distributed by the amazing 
Riley Blake Designs:)


We are making my quilt
FLEA MARKET FLOWERS
76" x 86"


We are using my 
PIE RULER
to make all of the flower petals...


This set of my 
CIRCLE RULERS
for all of the flower centers...


And we are also using my 
SEED RULERS
for all of the leaves in the quilt.


All of the other notions as well as fabric requirements are detailed within the 
Flea Market Flowers Sew Along Guide
for the free PDF Download

I also have a "Bee Prepared" blog post 
detailing everything that you will
 need to know about this sew along...
to go to that blog post 
if you have not read it 
or you need to be "refreshed"
 on any of the information!


As promised...
To kick off week one
 I did a video tutorial on my
 YouTube channel showing how to make 
Flea Market Flower 
BLOCK "M"

to go to that tutorial...
 so that you can make this cute flower!!


I also did a tutorial during 
week one right here
 on my blog for
Block "L"
to go to week one and this block tutorial:)


As part of week two 
I did the tutorial here for  
Block "O"
For that tutorial



BLOCK "I" 
is also in the week two tutorial:)


Last week during week three
I did the tutorial for 
BLOCK 

to go to week three for the tutorial


I also did the tutorial for 
BLOCK "I"
during week three:)


During week four I did
 the tutorial for 
Block "K"

for that tutorial


And I also did the tutorial for 
Block "J" 
during week four as well.


Today we are going to start off with 
BLOCK "F"
You will need to make one - 
11 1/2" Flea Market Flower
using two different prints.


To make Block "F" you will also need:

4 - large leaves

1 - 6" circle
1 - 4" circle

1 - 1/2" stem cut 15" long 
with one end pressed under

Background cut - 14" x 26"


You will need one 4" x 21" strips
 from each fabric for the flower petals.

From each print cut 8 petals like this...
using the 2" and 6" marks 
on the Pie Ruler and also 
alternating the ruler as you cut.


I have sewn my 2 circles 
and four large leaves...


And I'm chain piecing my petals:)


After my petals are sewn 
it's time to make the flower:)


Now it's time to grow my flower!


I grabbed a large design board 
and placed my background on the diagonal
 after I pressed it in half lenghtwise
 so that I could center my flower:)


And I started pinning!!!
I made my flower to be 23" tall 
from the bottom of the stem 
to the tips of the flower:)



I pinned my leaves to be
 no wider than my flower.


I glued after pinning everything 
into place exactly how I wanted it.

After the glue dried 
I removed the pins...


And took this picture for you!!


FLEA MARKET FLOWER "F"
After I have appliquéd 
my flower I will trim it down to
 12 1/2" x 24 1/2"
And it will finish at 
12" x 24" 
after it's sewn into my quilt.


Next up is 
BLOCK "H"

For this block you will 
need to make two - 9 1/2" flowers
 all from one print.


To make Block "H" you will also need:

4 - small leaves

2 - 6" circles
1 - 2" circle

1 - 1/4" stem cut 7" long 

Background cut - 12" x 26"


You will need four 3" x 21" strips 
of fabric to cut the 32 petals
 to make two 9 1/2" flowers.

Use the 3" and 6" lines
 on the Pie Ruler and 
alternate the ruler 
each time that you cut.


Okay... so because you all know 
the drill by now 
I won't repeat my words about sewing
 this block but I did take 
progress photos as I sewed and pinned.








For the length you will want 
no longer that 23" long from 
tip to tip of both flowers.
Because the leaves are small 
it is pretty easy to keep them 
no wider than the flowers. 


FLEA MARKET FLOWERS 
BLOCK "H"

After applique trim it down to
 10 1/2" x 24 1/2"
and it will finish at 
10" x 24" 
after sewing into the quilt.


Thank you for joining me for week five!
I am really enjoying all of the
 Flea Market Flowers 
that are showing up on my 
They are all so beautiful!!

I'll meet you right back here 
next Monday for week six:)
xx
Lori


2 comments:

Carrie B said...

so so pretty

mangosan said...

Im loving this pattern! It’s my first time doing Lori’s appliqué method and I love the results. This is going to be my special quilt - I’m not sharing this one 🥰

Related Posts with Thumbnails