Sunday, August 8, 2021

Summer Sampler 2021 - Vintage Restyle!

Good morning quilty friends!!!
I have something fun to tell you about today
and it's all about sampler quilts:)


You all know that for the 
last four months I have been 
sewing and sewing and sewing 
Red Sampler Blocks for my 
Red Sampler Quilt Along
(50 in total for the quilt)
And now that we have finished...
I have another sampler project for you!


Meet my new block Marigold! 


Marigold finishes at 12" x 12"


And I designed her as part
 of the 
Summer Sampler 2021
I'm one of the designers
 for this years amazing quilt ...


Don't you just love this setting?
The Summer Sampler 2021 Quilt
finishes at 68" x 68" and 
consists of a large 28 1/2"center block
 surrounded by twelve 12" finished blocks.

When you sign up...
each Monday that weeks block
 is sent to your email 
and this week is my block pattern!

for all of the information 
about this fun sew along, to join 
and to get all of the quilt patterns.
The quilt along goes until September.

The theme for this year is
 Vintage Restyle...
and of course vintage 
is always my favorite theme!

I love that you can take these
 restyled vintage blocks 
and make it into your own style 
depending on what fabric
and color palette 
that you choose for your quilt.



I chose to make mine 
using prints from my Prim, Flea Market 
and Bee Cross Stitch fabric collections.

You know that I love a 
good sampler quilt...
 and a great sew along 
and here are just two 
of my favorite reasons why:

1. A sew along is the best way to
make new friends along the way...
and quilty friends are the best:)
2. Making a sampler quilt is the 
best way to learn several new methods
to add to your quilting skills:)

It's a win win! 

No doubt you have probably seen 
several stunning blocks 
from the Summer Sampler on Instagram 
to check them out!

There is also a Facebook group
 where you can connect with others
 doing the sew along:)


I'm sure that a lot of you know about 
and are participating in 
Summer Sampler 2021 already...


And I'm excited that
 it's my turn to share my block.

I hope that you like Marigold
and that you will join in
 on the fun of making the
 Summer Sampler 2021 Quilt!

I'll be back here tomorrow with my
 "Bee Prepared"
blog post for the 
My Happy Place Sew Along!
 
Chat with you later...
xx
Lori









 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am soooooo looking forward to our next sew along! Fabric ordered…just waiting for its arrival!

Related Posts with Thumbnails