Monday, August 2, 2021

Red Sampler Quilt Along - The Big Finish!!

 


Hello and welcome to the 
BIG FINISH 
of the Red Sampler Quilt Along!

I'm excited to show you my finished quilt:)

My friend and quilter Juli
 got it finished for me in record time 
so that I could 
snap a few photos for you:)

Thank you sew much Juli!!


I have loved having my blocks

 on the design wall in my sewing room 

for the last 4 months

and I have loved sewing with you!!!

After arranging and re-arranging...


I decided that this was the order 
that I wanted to sew my blocks 
together ...
according to the instructions in my
 Farm Girl Vintage 2 book of course!


I also decided that I really 
wanted the red in my blocks to shine...
and so I chose to use a 
red for just the inner border 
and a background for the outer border.

Here's a photo of my 
labeled fabric after I 
chose everything for the finish:)

The two reds are from my 
Flea Market collection and the
 outer border is from my Bee Backgrounds.


I chose the red clover from my
Bee Backgrounds for the backing...
it's the same print that I used 
to join my label blocks together.



And after it was all comleted...
I think that using a background 
for the border worked just how I wanted!!!

I'm completely thrilled 
with how it turned out...
and I love each and every block:)

Now of course going with a red fabric 
for the border would work as well... 
but I have made several 
red and white quilts that I have 
done that with and I wanted to
 do something different for this one:)


The weather was beautiful last night
 so I took these photos in my backyard.

I love how the red pops against
 my aqua shed and you can also 
see my red barn up top as well!



And as usual...

Toby had to wander into the shot

 lol



Next up is my sew along 

using my latest fabric collection called

 STITCH

The quilt is called 

"My Happy Place"

and I'll also be using my new set of

 Sew Simple Shapes to make it!

The sew along starts 

Monday August 23rd, 2021 

and as usual...

I will be doing a 

"BEE PREPARED" 

post here on my blog 

where I will show you everything

 that is needed for the quilt

 and explain all about the sew along

 and how it will work.

I will be posting that here on my blog

 next week

Monday, August 9th:)


I hope you will be joining me...

it's going to be sew fun!!

 

***FYI***
If you did not join in this 
Red Sampler Quilt Along with us...
it's not too late!!


You will just simply
 CLICK on the bold words 
above for my first
 blog post where I 
tell you all about it!

All of the posts will remain 
here on my blog
So just scroll down and click 
on the week 
that you would like to visit!











9 comments:

Kgirl said...

I've loved reading your weekly posts with the red quilt blocks. Please consider making Stitch, Farm Girl Vintage, and Spelling Bee into cross stitch patterns. I love everything you do, but I don't quilt (and my budget can't start one more hobby). Flea Market Flowers and Kaleidoscope are beautiful patterns to stitch. Thank your sharing with us!

Patchworksmiley said...

I too have watched these blocks each week & am totally amazed how beautifully it finally came out as a finished product. I do love 2 colour quilts but also love scrap quilts. Thank you for sharing your progress & final creation for our pleasure

Linda said...

Wow, Lori! This quilt is beautiful!! I've been watching from the sidelines. I love red and I love this design. Right now, I'm cross-stitching Flea Market Flowers and am enjoying it so much. I saw a Home Sweet Home picture briefly in one of your videos. Is that your design? I wondered if you could point me to the pattern please? Thank you in advance. 😊

Denise Martel said...

This is absolutely beautiful! My favorite color! I've really enjoyed following along each week. Thank you, Ms Lori

Becky L. said...

This is beautiful!

Judy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt.

Martha Merder said...

Lori, thank you for this sew along. Mine is not quite finished. Can you tell me what color thread was used in the quilting? That has me stumped. Red, white, or some neutral? Surely she didn’t change threads that many times!
Thanks!

Yvonne said...

This week I was so very lucky to win a fq bundle of ‘Stitch’ in a give away. I had it send to my friend Shannon who works in a quilt shop, she is going to make me a kit with the bundle so I can make that beautiful quilt. I have to wait a while before I can start, I live in the Netherlands and hope to travel to Utah in February to collect the fabric.
So I have to be patience for a little while longer but I am sure I am going to enjoy making that quilt so much in the future!

Anne C. said...

Thank you so much for putting all the block information for this sampler all on one post! I started getting to know your work by watching the Sew your stash series, saw the Red Sampler, and thought “this is it!” I’m collecting fabrics and your books to make the blocks. Thank you for your careful instructions. It’s like a private lesson instead of dragging my machine to the local shop! Thanks also for your line of tools. I also enjoy your cross stitch videos. I got new glasses, started up again, and love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails