Monday, July 26, 2021

Red Sampler Quilt Along Week Sixteen!!




Hello Again!

It's week sixteen in the 


If you are just joining us...
 CLICK on the bold words 
above for my first
 blog post where I 
tell you all about it!



I have the last three  
 Red Sampler 6" Blocks
 for you this week!


Let's start with the 
6" Shine Block
from my book 
 Vintage Christmas.
You'll find it on page 81.



6" Shine Block




Next up we have my 
Scrap Quilt Block 
also from my book
 Farm Girl Vintage 2 and 
it's on page 118.

Keep in mind that I used the 
12" block cutting and made a
 1/4 segment of the block for a 6" block:)

This block is perfect for using 
up 9 of your leftover 
2 1/2" scrappy red squares! 




6" Scrap Quilt Block



For the remaining 6" block 
I made my Country Cross Roads Block
from page 22
of my Farm Girl Vintage Book




6" Country Crossroads Block



We have almost reached the finish line!
I hope you have fun 
making your very last three
 Red Sampler Blocks
 for the front of your quilt:)



As a reminder...
the setting that I'm using
(cover quilt from Farm Girl Vintage 2)
 I need 20 - 12" Blocks
and 
30 - 6" Blocks

That setting requires a background border
 on each block and I showed you how
 I add those borders
  on my YouTube Channel.
to watch that video!


Now I want to show you
 this picture of my finished label:)
I talked all about this 
in my most recent video on Friday 
where I filmed with Kimberly 
because she is here visiting me!
to watch the video and to
 enter the four giveaways! 


The two additional blocks
 that I made for my quilt label
 are from my book Spelling Bee.
They are both 6" blocks 
and I sewed them together 
to make a 12" tall block:)

The FLOWER Block is on page 125
 and the JAR Block is on page 134.



I'll be getting my quilt 
to my friend and quilter Juli
 this weekend for quilting and binding 
and as soon as I get it back 
I'll have a photo shoot 
and I'll show it to you...
I cannot wait for you to see it!





I want to thank you sew much 
from the bottom of my heart
for joining me while I played with 
red fabrics and made
 50 Red Sampler Blocks!!
(and blocks for my label too)
I have enjoyed making every one of them
 and I hope you do too!

xx
Lori

P.S. Here is a list of 
each week's blog post 
for this sew along so far:
Click on the week 
that you would like to visit!










3 comments:

Gail LaCroix said...

Thanks so much for sharing your time, talents and creativity with us. I thoroughly enjoyed this sew-along (although I'm not even close to having all the blocks done, as I'm busy preserving and canning--- but I'm enjoying the process of stitching these blocks). Looking forward to seeing how this piece was quilted.

Barbara Thomas said...

Lol Awesome! Loved following every minute of this..even tho I am still working on a combo of the vintage 1 & 2...just a few delays,life tends to do that... I will eventually get them done & I have all your posts saved for my future progress... Thank you for all the work you do on these quilts,fabrics & media programs! Love to watch you work! Now if I could just work a little faster lol..
Love everything you do Lori!
Thank you Barbara

Pam L said...

Lori this has been such a fun QAL and I hate to see it end, but what a beautiful Sampler quilt we get! It was genius for you to show how we can work from your books to pull together something new. This is a project that I am slowly working on and enjoying every minute. Thank you for taking the time, putting together the videos and as always your talent and inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails