Monday, September 30, 2024

Let's Make a SNOWMAN Sew Along - Week Six!!

 



Tree - Birdhouse 
 and Snow Shovel Blocks



Welcome Quilty Friends!!

Today is Week Six for the 

LET'S MAKE A SNOWMAN
 SEW ALONG


We are making the 
LET'S MAKE A SNOWMAN Quilt 
which finishes at
 75" x 87"
It consists of 22 pieced quilt blocks
for the border which surrounds
the applique blocks in the center
of the quilt.
(There are a few other blocks
 that are also pieced)



To make the applique blocks
 we are using my 
Sew Simple Shapes called of course...
Let's Make A Snowman!
 


The collection that we are using 
for the quilt is...
HOME TOWN HOLIDAY!!

Home Town Holiday was designed by me... 
and produced and distributed 
to quilt shops everywhere 
by the amazing 

If you would like to know everything about
 HOME TOWN HOLIDAY 
to view the entire storyboard...
to see all of the fabrics close up
 and to view the notions and ALL of 
the patterns that coordinate with it:)


 I did a video tutorial
 on my YouTube channel for week one:)
I showed you how to make the hat
and one of the letters and 
gave you tips along the way.
I also chatted about stitching the 
appliqués by machine or hand 
and about quilting over the 
Sew Simple Shapes.
to watch the video and please 
leave me a comment and a like!
and then
to read my week one blog tutorial as well.



for the above week two block tutorial


During Week Three we did 
all of the above blocks.
for the tutorials


for all of these 
tutorials for week four:)


for all of these 
tutorials for week five:)


Grab your fabric and the sew along guide
 for cutting and let's get started
 on this weeks tutorials!

I took photos of the blocks
 cut and ready to go according to the
 sew along guide instructions:)


Birdhouse Block


Snow Shovel Block


Tree Block
***TAKE NOTE***
I did a video tutorial on my 
YouTube Channel 
for the tree block because I'm
making another fun project 
using this block and so I wanted
to do that separately:)
to watch the tutorial! 


I'm sewing all of the 
Sew Simple Shapes
appliqués for all three blocks
 at the same time...
including the star for the tree block.


All sewn and ready to trim!


Before turning you will need to
 clip the cleavage in the stars
 and the roof for the birdhouse.

Also clip the inner curves in
 the shovel and the shovel handle.


Shaped and pressed and
 ready for the worktable.


Back of my appliqués:)


Okay let's start with the birdhouse...


Easy peasy!
Your birdhouse should be
 9" tall from tip of roof to the bottom.

After applique press from the back
and trim it down to
6 1/2" x 10 1/2"


Next let's do the snow shovel.


Another easy peasy layout:)
Your shovel should measure
 17" tall from top to bottom.

After applique press from the back
and trim it down to
6 1/2" x 18 1/2"


I wanted to show you a close up photo
of the star on the top of the tree block.
Because we are not using the star
for the other project I did not 
include that in the video tutorial.

Also take note that I cut the 
background strip for bottom of that block
2 1/2" x 9 1/2"
for the other project only.

Those tree blocks will finish at 
9" x 20"
but our tree for the quilt finishes at
 9" x 19"
and so the cutting in the sew along guide
for the bottom strip is correct.


That's it for this weeks blocks 
and it's time to add them to the other
blocks that we have made so far:)







I'm running out of room on my design wall
 so I took down a few of the
 pieced blocks for the border 
to fit the others in!


Remember that I did a tutorial 
on how to make my Snow Star Blocks
 so if you haven't watched it yet...


Thanks for sewing with me today!


I'll meet you right back here next Monday
for the tutorial on making the
Mittens, Scarf and 
the Ear Muff Blocks.

Sew with you soon!
xx
Lori

Other Places to find me:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails