Friday, November 15, 2019

Farm Girl Vintage 2 Quilt Along - Farm Girl Friday's - Week Three!!




Welcome Farmers!!


YeeHaw!!
It's week three of the 


Are you ready to sew more
 Farm Girl Blocks?


Grab your book...



and your Farm Girl Vintage Fabric...


And let's add two more blocks to the quilt:)


The first Farm Girl Block 
for this week is
BUSY BEEHIVE 
on page 25 of the book.


And our second 
Farm Girl Block is
CHEERFUL TULIPS
on page 28 of the book


Both of these blocks are in the
 Beekeeper's Garden Quilt
This quilt is the exact same setting
 as the sampler quilt 
that is on the cover...


The setting and border pattern
 is exactly the same
 and you can find it on 
page 140 of the book.

This is also the same setting for
 October Skies Quilt 
that I showed you in week one.


On page 136 it tells you what
 blocks that I used for my
 Beekeeper's Garden Quilt
 It's in the paragraph next to
 the picture of my quilt.

Just like in the sampler quilt you need
 20 - 12" Blocks and 30 - 6" Blocks

All of my 12" blocks are the Busy Beehive
 and then the 6" blocks are
 flowers and a few bees buzzing around!


I made this cute little 
6" Cheerful Tulips Block 
for a mini quilt.
So fun!!


Remember that you can decide which
 blocks that you want to make 
12" or 6" in your own quilt...
but if you want to make your quilt
 just like mine don't forget to
 download the handy dandy guide that I told you about in week one.
to download if you haven't yet.


I thought it would be fun to
 share a photo from the sew along
 from my first 
Farm Girl Vintage Book
almost 5 years ago!

I made an apron using my 
One Yard Apron pattern and then 
did a tutorial on how to make
 pockets from any 6" Farm Girl Blocks.

These blocks are of course 
in the first book and are
 CANNING SEASON and BAKING DAY

I'm thinking that
 BUSY BEEHIVE and CHEERFUL TULIPS 
would be a great combo for 
apron pockets too!
to go to that original
 Farm Girl Friday's post for the tutorial.

I'll meet you right back here 
next week for more 
xx
Lori


1 comment:

Leanne said...

I am sew enjoying making these. You are soo very clever! Thank you. Love Leanne in New Zealand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails