Monday, September 7, 2020

Prim Sew Along - Week Three!!


"PEACE AND PLENTY"

Welcome to week three of the
 PRIM SEW ALONG!


We are making the
 PRIM QUILT
72" x 90"


We are also using the


And my newest fabric collection 
PRIM 
to make the quilt:)

I have already posted the
 post which details all of the supplies
 for the sew along and how it works.
I have also given the link there 
for the free PDF Download 
of the Sew Along Guide

to read that post.


So far we have made 
"PATRIOTISM and INDUSTRY"

for the first week blog post 


"JOY and CONTENTMENT"

for last weeks blog post


And this week we are making  
"PEACE and PLENTY"


The PRIM Sew Simple Shapes 
needed for this block are:
1 - K9
2 - K10
5 - K11
1 - K12
1 - K13
1 - K14
1 - K15
1 - K32
1 - K37
1 - K39
4 - K40
6 - K45
1 - K53
5 - K56


You will need to sew the hand fabric
 to the sleeve fabric before 
you sew the angels arms.

The line for the hand is the 
 stitched line on the K40 SSShape.
Mark it on the interfacing 
just like I showed you 
in the video for block one.

Be sure to press those 
seams open for less bulk:)


There is only one 1/4" curved stem
 and it's for the cherries.
Cut it 3 1/2" long and press one end under.
Cut the other short cherry stem 1" long.

The 1/4" flower stems are pressed straight.
Cut 2 - 3" long
Cut 3 - 2 1/2" long

You will need to press 
each end of the 1/2" strip 
under for the top edge of the pie pan.
It should measure 10 3/4" long 
AFTER pressing them under.


You will need to clip the 
cleavage ares in the 
heart...stars and flowers 
after you have stitched and trimmed.


Look at all these yummy shapes
 all ready to make a block!
Don't forget to use the 
turning tool to shape them:)


I thought it would be easier to
 embroider the angel face 
before glue basting.
I used 3 strands and a backstitch
 for her mouth and 
french knots for her eyes.
And yes!!!...
I use blush for her cheeks 
and applied it with a Q-Tip:)


I started with my angel when I 
started pinning.
Once again...
I took a crazy amount of photos
 so that you will have 
a little help with your layout!

Just be sure to use the 
16 1/2" TRIM-IT Ruler 
each step of the way:)





*Take note the stars 
are again turned differently 
from each other in this block as well.









If you can't think of anything heavy 
to set on your ruler and block 
while the glue dries...
just grab a stack of vintage bowls
and they'll do the trick! LOL

I love vintage bowls and so
 I always have a few at the ready:)


You will find the embroidery pattern 
for her halo (and face) 
on page 16 of the guide:)


All ready for applique!
When you finish yours bee sure 
to press from the back before
 using the 16 1/2" Trim-It Ruler 
to trim it down.


"PEACE and PLENTY"


Have fun making your block 
and don't forget to 
show it on your fave social media:)

Chat with you later...
xx
Lori


*FYI* Last year when I designed 
this quilt and planned the 
quilt along schedule
I had planned on posting 
the pieced blocks tutorials mid week
but now that I have my 
I will be posting the tutorials
for each of those two pieced blocks there.
This Friday...
(because I post new videos on Friday)
is the tutorial for the 
Prim Corner Star
and next Friday will be the Prim Steps.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails