Monday, October 17, 2022

Prairie Meadow Sew Along - Block Eight!!



"BLOCK EIGHT"
Welcome to week eight of the 
"PRAIRIE MEADOW"
Sew Along!
Join me here each week 
when I will be doing tutorials
 on the blocks for the quilt.

Of course because we are all sewing 
from all around the world  
we all have different time zones...
But I will be posting each Monday 
right here on my blog 
and you can follow my tutorials 
any time each week that 
 is convenient for you.


We are making the 
Prairie Meadow Quilt
68" x 85"



The quilt is made with my newest fabric
 collection called Prairie...

I hope that you all have all 
received your 
fabric kits by now...
 and that we are all ready to begin!!


If you still need one ...
just do a quick google search for 
"Prairie Meadow Quilt Kit"
to find shops who still have some left.




We are also using the
Prairie Meadow
Sew Simple Shapes

I have already posted the
 post which details all of the supplies
 for the sew along and how it works.
I have also given the link there 
for the free PDF Download 
of the Sew Along Guide

to download the sew along guide.


It's very important to watch my 
Week One/Block One video tutorial
 because everything I show you in 
block one pertains to all 
the rest of the blocks.
Things such as tips on sewing...
 shaping and turning all of your
 appliqués as well as the entire 
process of laying out the block.
I also explain about sewing 
the scrappy background.

If you have not watched it please 

to read my blog tutorial for
BLOCK TWO

to read my tutorial for
BLOCK THREE

to read my tutorial for 
BLOCK FOUR

to read my tutorial for
BLOCK FIVE

to read my tutorial for 
BLOCK SIX


CLICK HERE
to read my tutorial for

As per the sew along guide 
cutting instructions
 you should have everything for your
  Block Eight 
 all cut and ready to go!



Here is my Block Eight Kit
 Everything is all cut...
all traced and ready:)
You can also see above the squares
 and rectangles that
 I used for the background.

Here is a list of the
  Prairie Meadow 
Sew Simple Shapes 
needed for  
 Block Eight:

1 - N-17
4 - N-19
4 - N-29
4 - N-38
4 - N-40
1 - N-54
4 - N-55

You will need to cut
8 - 3" long
of prepared 1/4" straight 
bias strips for the stems 



Block Eight shapes
 sewn...trimmed and clipped.

Before turning...
you will need to clip the five 
cleavage areas in-between
each of the flower petals...
the four cleavage in the center flower...
and the one in the leaves
and the tulip sides.

Remember to clip ALL the way 
to your stitched line but not into it.
If you do not clip far enough it will
be hard for it to lie flat.
Use the seam roller and also your iron
in these kind of 
areas just as I showed you in the 
week one video. 
 
The other shapes
do not need any clipping:)
 

All turned...shaped...pressed and ready:)



I pre-glued the circles 
onto the four flowers and the 
center circle onto the center flower
and the middles to the tulips
before pinning onto the background.




 As per usual...
I pinned the large four petal flower 
center of the background first.
I then pinned the tulips...
they are 2" down from the edge
 of your background and the
stems go underneath on both ends.
The leaves go underneath the stems 
and are placed 1" up from the 
cleavage of the center flower. 



Then I pinned a yellow flower by
 measuring 1 1/2" from edges of 
both sides of that corner.
I glued the stem underneath.
Stem is 2 1/2" long

I worked with one corner at a 
time from this point on.
  Using these sewn sewn seams 
from the background 
for placement makes it sew easy!

Once that corner was completed
and I continued in the same way
for the remaining three.

Easy Peasy!!




That is my BLOCK EIGHT tutorial:) 
I love these 3 colors and 
3 flowers combo together!
Daisies...Tulips...and a
Forget-Me-Not in the center:)


 BLOCK EIGHT 
all ready for applique:)

Afterwards I will 
press from the back and then 
I will use my 
16 1/2" Trim-It Ruler
to trim down the block.


Last week I did a video on my
YouTube Channel 
and showed all of the Prairie Meadow
 quilt bocks finished so far.
 I also talked about the 
Prairie Flower Quilt Seeds
and provided a link for the 
free PDF download of cutting
and directions to finish them
into a bed runner:)
I showed the boxed kits from Prairie
sewn up as well!
If you would like to watch it


Thanks for joining me
 again this week for the 
Prairie Meadow Sew Along...
I am enjoying this journey!!

I'll meet you right back here
next Monday for the 
Block Nine tutorial...
happy sewing!!
xx
Lori

Other Places to find me:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails