Monday, October 14, 2024

Let's Make a SNOWMAN Sew Along - The BIG Finish!!

 



Let's Make a SNOWMAN
the big finish part one!



Welcome Quilty Friends!!

Today is the big finish for the 

LET'S MAKE A SNOWMAN
 SEW ALONG

If you are just joining us
and want to know everything 
about this sew along and
 making this quilt
for my "BEE PREPARED" blog post.


We are making the 
LET'S MAKE A SNOWMAN Quilt 
which finishes at
 75" x 87"
It consists of 22 pieced quilt blocks
for the border which surrounds
the applique blocks in the center
of the quilt.
(There are a few other blocks
 that are also pieced)



To make the applique blocks
 we are using my 
Sew Simple Shapes called of course...
Let's Make A Snowman!
 


The collection that we are using 
for the quilt is...
HOME TOWN HOLIDAY!!

Home Town Holiday was designed by me... 
and produced and distributed 
to quilt shops everywhere 
by the amazing 

If you would like to know everything about
 HOME TOWN HOLIDAY 
to view the entire storyboard...
to see all of the fabrics close up
 and to view the notions and ALL of 
the patterns that coordinate with it:)


 I did a video tutorial
 on my YouTube channel for week one:)
I showed you how to make the hat
and one of the letters and 
gave you tips along the way.
I also chatted about stitching the 
appliqués by machine or hand 
and about quilting over the 
Sew Simple Shapes.
to watch the video and please 
leave me a comment and a like!
and then
to read my week one blog tutorial as well.



for the above week two block tutorial


During Week Three we did 
all of the above blocks.
for the tutorials


for all of these 
tutorials for week four:)


for all of these 
tutorials for week five:)


for all of these tutorials for week six:)


for the week seven tutorials:)



I'm so excited about today's post!!
Because after finishing and trimming up
all of the applique blocks
it's time to sew them together 
into sections...
the cutting and diagrams for doing so are
of course in the sew along guide.
I took pictures of mine 
and put them on my 
design wall to show you:)






I think that all of my sections
look so super cute together!


All of my border blocks 
are all sewn and ready too!






I think the border blocks 
add so much to the design of this quilt
 and do their job nicely
 of "bordering" the appliqués.


Here are all of my fabrics
for the sashings, borders and binding
 and also the LETTUCE Vintage Trim 
to tuck inside the binding:)
My quilt is at the quilters 
and as soon as I get it back I'll
add pictures to this blog post 
of what it looks like quilted!!



In the meantime...
remember those trees 
that I showed you on my YouTube?
I made a table topper and the tutorials
are on my YouTube channel.
for the center block tutorial
called CHAPEL STEPS:)


And last but not least is the 
fun project that I said 
last week that I would show to you:)


I made a snowman!


I used all of the 
Sew Simple Shapes from the set...
the exact same ones used for the 
same shapes in the quilt
 and the exact same way 
that I showed you how in the tutorials
 except now I put them all 
together to form the snowman!

I'm going to trim the background
 about 3-4 inches past the snowman
 and quilt it...
 Afterwards I'll bind it and
 hang it on my front door 
as a quilted door banner:)


I think he will be sooo cute 
hanging out on my door all winter long:) 


I also did the very same thing
with my How to Build a SCARECROW
 set of Sew Simple Shapes.
I making him into a door banner as well
and will hang him on my front door ASAP!!
I will post about him
in the BIG FINISH post 
of that sew along as well
and by the way I will be getting
that quilt back from the quilter
at the same time that I get my
snowman quilt back and
I will shout as well!


Thanks sew much for doing
 this sew along with me!!!
Up next will be...
this quilt...


Flower Basket Sampler


And you're invited!!

We will be using my upcoming
 spring fabric collection 
that will come in December called 
PIECE AND PLENTY

It will start the end of January 2025
but look for my BEE PREPARED blog post
the first of the year:)

Sew with you soon,
xoxo
Lori
 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails