Friday, February 24, 2017

Scrappy Project Planner Sew Along - Week Four - Happy Trails Quilt!!




Welcome to week four of the 
Sew Along


There are six patterns included
 inside of the planner and 
each week we are focusing on one of them:)

And today's focus is...



Just like all of the
 quilts in the planner...
this one is perfect for your
 scrappy stash... 
but Happy Trails is especially 
layer cake friendly:)



 Just in case you are wondering how
 I named this quilt: 
All of the small diagonal squares
 running
 both ways across the quilt
 look like happy trails to me:)


All of the scrappy colors
 make me HAPPY! 
This pillow on my 
front room settee says it all!


Here are some of the quilts
 stacked on an old library cart
 in my front yard:)

Happy Trails is on top!


Here are a few 
behind the scenes photos 
from setting up the quilts
 for their close ups:)


I love that Kassidy is 
always my trusty side kick:)

For those of you who have been 
following my blog 
from the very beginning...
you have literally been
 watching her grow up!


I used all different colors
 for the 
small diagonal squares 
in the quilt for the planner...



But I wanted to show you the option 
of choosing one fabric instead...
like red for this one.

It changes the look up 
a little bit and
 is perfect when using one
 fabric collection 
for the entire quilt.

This one is made using my 
Cozy Christmas Collection:)




Next week we 
will be focusing on my 
Checkerboard Quilt:)

Don't for get to 
visit Kimberly's blog
and visit this weeks
 guest bloggers too!

xx
Lori



6 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

Love all of your scrappy quilt patterns!! Such wide array of options. Thank you, Lori :)! Enjoyed seeing some of the behind scene pics!

Donna said...

I love this, always love those trails in a quilt, what a great way to use scraps of gorgeous fabrics.
djcutting2(at)gmail(dot)com

Donna said...

Love those trails, what a great way to show off those gorgeous scraps.
djcutting2(at)gmail(dot)com

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Lori, you make such HAPPY quilts! xx

Jan said...

I love all your quilts and fabrics, but this is near the top of my list of to do its. I need the Scrappy planner first though. I just hot the Farm book and started my Lori fabric stash this month. All other projects need to go a away so I can only do yours, because they "talk" to me and I am running out if life to get um done. Lol

Clare said...

Today I had a lovely surprise. My pen pal(we are celebrating 50 years,after as 10 year old`s starting to write to each other!) sent me my own Scrappy Project Planner as a gift through Kimberly of Fat quarter shop. We are getting together later this year to celebrate. So looking forward to this.My planner is my 60th birthday gift. :) Now I can join in with the fun. Happy Stitching.

Related Posts with Thumbnails