Friday, March 27, 2020

Farm Girl Vintage 2 Quilt Along - Farm Girl Friday's - Week Twenty Two!!



Hello and welcome to the 




Grab your book


And your Farm Girl Vintage Fabric...




And let's make some Farm Girl Blocks!


Our first Farm Girl Block
 for this week is 
STRAWBERRY JAM 
on page 127 of the book.


I just love this block...
and I designed it with a few possibilities
 in mind besides just the sampler quilt:)

One thing is...
I think it's the sweetest block
 for a pillow.
I'm going to make this very block 
into one and put it on the
 bench in my kitchen:)


Speaking of my kitchen...
here is another look at the 
kitchen quilt that I made using the
 Small Mix and Match pattern
 on page 156 of the book.


I love making projects both 
large and small to decorate my kitchen 
in my farmhouse cottage style.

The kitchen is the heart of the home!!


I've been showing you the new 
kitchen quilt that I'm making with the
 12" Farm Girl Blocks...


And this week I made another block to add.
SCRAPPY STRAWBERRY
is on page in the first book


I think its going to be a cute block to add!

I used several pinks and corals and 
greens from my fabric collections.


By the way...
this is my Scrappy Strawberry Blocks 
in both red and pinks.
It's made into a quilt using the 
County Fair setting 
on page 112 of the first book.

Sew sweet!


Okay...
back to the other idea
 that I had for my Strawberry Jam Block.

I made this strawberry from
 the label on the jar.
When you make just the strawberry
 from the 12" Block it is a 6" block.
YaY!
I added 1 1/2" strips for the borders.


Then I made 3 more!!



I see a new strawberry quilt in my future!!

*Notice that when I added the borders 
I added the sides first 
(cut 1 1/2" x 6 1/2")
 on two of the blocks...
 and the top and bottom borders
 first on the other two.

Then I added the final borders 
on all four blocks
 (cut 1 1/2" x 8 1/2")

The reason that I did this is so that
 when the blocks are sewn together
 it adds an interesting design 
in the aqua scrappy strips that 
become the sashing for the quilt:)


Our next Farm Girl Block is 
TENDING THE GARDEN
on page 131 of the book.


I styled this after the many vintage
 watering cans that I collect and use:)


I made another 12" block
from different Farm Girl prints...




And added it to my 
BUSY BEE FLOWER FARM QUILT


The pattern for this quilt
 is on page 144 of the book.
You can customize your own quilt
 to match your own farm:)

YeeHaw!!


Well that's it for this week quilty peeps...
thanks so much for joining me on the farm!

I'll be right back here next week:)
xx
Lori


1 comment:

Tina said...

I am in awe of your creativity (which also includes your wonderful kitchen!) and you are so inspiring! Love your posts!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails