Friday, January 6, 2023

Prairie Meadow Sew Along - The Big Finish!!



"The Big Finish!"
Welcome to the final post of the 
"PRAIRIE MEADOW"
Sew Along!

Even though this sew along is over
 you may be just getting started
so no worries because you will
find everything that I posted weekly
right here on my blog 
and you can follow my tutorials 
any time each week that 
 is convenient for you.
Simply scroll down and 
click on the links for each post.


 
Prairie Meadow Quilt
68" x 85"



The quilt was made with my fabric
 collection called Prairie...

I hope that you all have all 
received your 
fabric kits by now.

If you still need one ...
just do a quick google search for 
"Prairie Meadow Quilt Kit"
to find shops who still have some left.




We are also using the
Prairie Meadow
Sew Simple Shapes

I first posted the
 post which details all of the supplies
 for the sew along and how it works.
I have also given the link there 
for the free PDF Download 
of the Sew Along Guide

to download the sew along guide.


It's very important to watch my 
Week One/Block One video tutorial
 because everything I show you in 
block one pertains to all 
the rest of the blocks.
Things such as tips on sewing...
 shaping and turning all of your
 appliqués as well as the entire 
process of laying out the block.
I also explain about sewing 
the scrappy background.

If you have not watched it please 

to read my blog tutorial for
BLOCK TWO

to read my tutorial for
BLOCK THREE

to read my tutorial for 
BLOCK FOUR

to read my tutorial for
BLOCK FIVE

to read my tutorial for 
BLOCK SIX


CLICK HERE
to read my tutorial for
to read my tutorial for 
BLOCK EIGHT


to read my tutorial for 
BLOCK NINE


to read my tutorial for 
BLOCK TEN

to read my tutorial for
BLOCK ELEVEN
to read my tutorial for 
BLOCK TWELVE

There you go!
All of the links to each and everything 
that I posted during this sew along
 
Now onto the finished quilt:)



Okay! 
Now that the backing fabric is here
 and my dear friend Juli Stubbs
 did her magic and 
quilted my quilt so beautifully...
I can finally show you my finished quilt
 as it hangs in my quilty cottage home!


I finally had some decent 
natural lighting to take photos...
so I'm going to 
let the photos do the talking!


But first I just wanted to let you know
that I took a close up of each block
and the borders so that 
you could see the lovely quilting:)
I hope that you enjoy the many photos that
I'll be showing you.
I'm completely in love with this quilt!
Here we go!...





































Thanks so much for coming along with me
 on this Prairie journey!
I just can't tell you how happy I am
 that my quilt is finished 
and hanging on my wall:)



My next Sew Simple Shapes Sew Along is
Calico Garden
made with my newest collection
 CALICO


You can find my BEE PREPARED post
 for that on next 
Monday January 9th, 2023

I'll tell you all about it then!!
xx
Lori


Other Places to find me:

4 comments:

Happy Little Stitch Shop said...

Just LOOK at those photos!!! This Prairie Meadow quilt is absolutely GORGEOUS! I cannot wait to finish mine (almost there) and I cannot wait to start Calico Garden! Another GORGEOUS quilt we will get to enjoy! Hugs Lori! 🤗

Denise Martel said...

This quilt is absolutely beautiful and will be a treasured heirloom. The quilting looks very delicate and perfect. Thank you for sharing your gifts so generously. You have changed my life so much with your great instructions. You are a blessing!

Little Quiltsong said...

Such a gorgeous quilt, Lori!! I also love your sign in there - "The Meaning of Life...." Enjoy your finished quilt. Looking forward to your new one :)!

Kyrotime said...

This was my first introduction to you, your fabric & patterns with this sew a-long.
I really enjoyed & shared the process so much that several of my sewing girlfriends did this Prairie Meadow pattern too!
Your quilt is beautifully custom quilted, I did mine in a edge to edge floral & it too looks lovely & did not take away from the applique design. I live in a rural village & custom quilting has to be taken into the city to be done it is more time & money with make do times upon us.
I'm working on the Scrappiness Is Happiness BOW & enjoying that process too!
Thank you for your sharing of knowledge that has been pasted down to you, we are never too old to learn new ideas from others, Grandma was right with there's more than on way of doing things. The motto I've lived with is 'Everything is easy once you know how!'

Related Posts with Thumbnails