Monday, July 16, 2018

Sew Simple Shapes Series - Week Six - Blocks 7 and 8 Tutorials!!


Welcome to Week 6...
Here are the four blocks
 that we just finished...
YaY!

Click on these links if
 you are just joining in:


We used the 
and I made 2 more blocks using
 the same set for this weeks tutorials:)


Here are blocks 7 and 8.
I had to do them out of order
 but now here they are!!



Let's start with 
BLOCK SEVEN



Here are all of my pieces...
sewn and shaped:)
The templates from the set
 used for this block are:
4 - C-1
1 - C-3
8 - C-4
8 - C-7
4 - C-8
1 - C-15
Cut 4 - 2 1/2" long 1/4" wide stems
 from your spool
 and sew your 
pinwheel background block:)


Start by centering the large circle
 and then the circle for the center of that!

Now you can arrange the 
8 flower petals.
Use your ruler for spacing
 and pin before glue basting:)



Use the 12 1/2" Trim-It Ruler 
to center everything and to see
 how far in to glue baste your pieces.


I placed my heart 3 1/2" in
 from the corner like this.
The circles in-between are
 2" in from the edge.



All ready to applique!



I love this cheerful block with 
yellow heart flowers and
 a red daisy in the center:)


Now it's time for 
BLOCK EIGHT


Here are the Fruit Salad Shapes
 that I used for this one:
4 - C-1
5 - C-3
8 - C-4
8 - C-5
4 - C-8
1 - C-14
Cut 4 - 3 1/2" long 
1/4" wide stems 
and
4 - 2 1/2" long 
1/4" wide stems 
from your spool and
sew your pinwheel background block.


I used my ruler to see where I could place all of the pieces and to see what the finished block size will look like:)



Just like block seven...
I placed the 2 circles
 in the center first.

I measured 2 3/4" in from 
the corners and placed my blue flowers.

The cleavage in the heart
 measures 2" from the side edge 
of the fabric background.


Once the flowers and hearts are basted...
It's easy to fill in 
the space with the leaves.
The larger leaves go on the 
bottom and the smaller on top:)



Ready for applique!


I love the double leaves 
on this block and how the stems
 on the hearts make them into flowers:)


Okay cute people...
that's it for today's tutorial.

Next up will be blocks from my
 fourth set of 

I just may sneak a tutorial in
 before next week because I want to
 get all of my blocks finished
 before my Autumn Love Sew Along
 starts on the 20th of August:)
See you soon!
xx
Lori


SaveSave

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails