Monday, June 5, 2023

Calico Garden Sew Along - The Big Finish!!

 




"THE BIG FINISH!"


Welcome to Week Nineteen of the 
"CALICO GARDEN"
Sew Along!
YaY!!!
It's the big finish post:)
If you have been following along
you know that each week I have bee
doing step by step tutorials
 on each and every block for the quilt.



We made the 
Calico Garden Quilt
90" x 90"


We made the quilt with my latest fabric
 collection called Calico...

I hope that you all have 
enjoyed the process...
      your templates and your fabric kit!!


If you are just starting up now 
and you still need a kit ...
just do a quick google search for 
"Calico Garden Quilt Kit"
to find shops who still have some left.


We used the
Calico Garden
Sew Simple Shapes

I posted the
 post which details all of the supplies
 for the sew along and how it worked.
I have also given the link there 
for the free PDF Download 
of the Sew Along Guide

to download the sew along guide
if you need it.


As per usual for week one in my 
Sew Simple Shape Sew Alongs
 the FIRST week tutorial is a video.

Because I have my own 
 I have posted the 
 Blue Coneflower Block
Tutorial there.
to visit my channel and watch the 
tutorial and I hope that you love it!
Pretty please leave me a comment
over there and let me know:)

If you like what you see 
and my other videos there...
click on subscribe and click on the bell
 to be notified whenever
 I post another tutorial:)



Here's my Blue Coneflower Block 
that I showed you 
how to make in my video:)


for the tutorial on my
PURPLE CONEFLOWER BLOCK



to go to my tutorial for the
CALICO STAR FLOWER BLOCK

to go to my tutorial for the
Morning Glory Blocks


to go to my tutorial for the 
PRIMROSE BLOCKS


to go to my tutorial for the 
RED ROSES and MUMS BLOCK


to go to my tutorial for the 
Forget Me Not Block

to go to my tutorial for the
PICKET FENCE and GRASS BLOCKS


to go to my prepping tutorial for
HENS and ROOT VEGGIES

to go to my tutorial on the 
HOLLYHOCKS and 
RAKE and SHOVEL BLOCK


to go to my tutorial for the 
GARDEN GIRL

to go to my tutorial for the 
BEE SKEP BLOCK



to go to my tutorial for the  
TOMATOES BLOCK



Last week we made the

Click on the name of the blocks
 to go to these tutorials!



to go to my tutorial for the 
WHEEL BARROW BLOCK

 
for my tutorial on the
GARDEN TOOLS BLOCK
CLIMBING VINE BLOCK
BEES BLOCK


for my tutorial on the
"BUTTERFLY BLOCKS"
"SNAIL BLOCK"
"GARDEN BLOCK"


for my tutorial on making the 
"SEEDLINGS BLOCK"
"BLUE BIRD BLOCK"
and the...

"FRUIT BASKET BLOCK"


for my tutorial on making the 
"BROWN BIRD BLOCK"
"SPOOL AND FLOWER BLOCKS"


for my tutorial on the
 "TULIP BLOCK"
 "PINK PEONY BLOCK" 
and 
"CABBAGE BLOCK"



for the tutorials on these blocks!
"APPLE BLOCK"
"PEACH BLOCK"
"PLUM BLOCK"
"PEAR BLOCK"
"PINK CHERRIES BLOCK"


Before I show you all the pictures 
of my finished quilt I thought that
 I would show you what my quilt
 looked like when I pinned and glue basted 
the remaining appliqués after the
 bottom sections were sewn together.
I just used my design wall 
as a giant design board...haha


And the following are close ups
 of what they looked like
 right before applique...
in no particular order:)











Okie Dokie!
Now for the photos of my finished quilt:)
I'm sew happy with it and Juli did
 an amazing job on the quilting!


I took my first photo 
here at my garden gate...
and I think it goes perfectly
in my cottage garden!
The colors of the fabric reflect
the colors of the garden flowers:)


Then I laid my quilt out on the 
grass for some top down shots
 so that you could see the
 beautiful quilting in each block.






I still need to add the door nob button
 onto the door of the potting shed 
and some buttons on her shoes!!
But as I've said several times
 you can choose if you sew your buttons
 on before or after the quilting.
It's all up to you because 
"you are the boss of your own quilt"





Then right at dusk I carried my quilt
 to the upstairs deck for even more photos:)







I have enjoyed making my 
Calico Garden Quilt
so very much!!!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart
for sewing with me and for 
making your quilt...
and for all of your many many 
very kind words about this quilt 
and my design
and especially my Calico fabric!
It just makes me so happy 
to know how much you love it 
and I really thank you kindly.


Our next sew along is coming up!
It starts July 10th...


We are using my 
Bee Vintage fabric collection
and the set of 
Bee Vintage Sew Simple Shapes


And making this 
Bee Vintage Sampler Quilt
I will be doing the Bee Prepared
post for that sew along
here in a few short weeks
June 19th to bee exact!


I gave you a sneak peek of my finished
 Block One in my virtual 
Spring Quilt Market video
last week and also told you more about it.
I did show and tell of Home Town fabric
 pre yardage that comes in July
and told you all about 
Bee Dots and introduced you to 
MERCANTILE!!

to watch my video and to 
get all the latest 
Bee in my Bonnet news:)

I'll meet you back here in a few weeks...
xx
Lori

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love the way your quilt turned out. It is beautiful. I wish I knew who quilted this for you as I would love to use them for mine, if I ever get it finished. You are an awesome designer.

Fiberluscious said...

I love everything you create. Your fabrics and patterns take me back to sewing with my grandma. I love to watch your Sew Alongs. I've learned so much from you and I am grateful for your generous spirit. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails